Sunday, July 1, 2012

Tige Harmon - Blue Lake Sprint Triathlon Race Report

What a Month! I should of spent all my savings on lottery tickets.

On June 8th the day before my first Tri of the year (A sprint distancerace) I found out that I won 3 months of coaching for free from TrainingBibleCoaching podcast. Since I have no coach and can't afford one and happen to be about 3 months to me "A" race it could not of been better timing. Then about 3hrs later I recieved notification that I had won a pair of Full carbon Profile Altair 80's from a contest through 3/Go magazine.....I was just looking at purchasing some race wheels. Needless to say it was a great day!

June 9th 2012 Blue Lake Triathlon Sprint

This is my 3rd Triathlon and my first of this year. last year I did this race as my first ever and did a 1:28: something, after having knee surgery 8wks before and only having run a total of 3 miles since
surgery and 880m was my farthest swim to date as well. My goal was to take 10min off and do sub 1:18. So back to 2012 Feeling good in my training and prep bike is dialed and ready to go, and of course in true NW style...it rains. so the transition area is flooded so they have to move the transition are so it is not underwater, get checked in and scope out the bike and run exits....not underwater but muddy. Swim goes smooth I am out of the water in the first part of the pack, come into T1 exit (running barefoot in the mud) hop on the bike and scrape off the mud I can to get my feet into the shoes and begin riding, feeling great (I have been a cyclist most of my life so it is my strength) begin passing everyone and all is well. I should of pushed harder but had no reason to since I was in good form and passing everyone and did not get passed by anyone. T2 stop to put on socks since my feet are covered in mud and a little cold from the rain, slowed me a bit but the run went pretty good kept
a good pace for me (6'3" and 200lbs only running for a year) of about 8:30/mi I came in at 1:17 something ten min under last year and achieved my goal. I also landed 3rd in my division (this time last year would of won my division.....oh well) Training is working felt like I could of done it again no problem.
OVERALL: 1:17:23
Swim: 14:07
Bike:32:21
Run: 24:43

No comments:

Post a Comment