Saturday, July 28, 2012

Cielo Acosta - Bio

1) 31

2) Washington, Mattawa

3) Grant County Fire District 8

4) I race because I love challenging myself and being a part of a community of others engaged in physical activity. I got into racing after a 9 year career as a Seattle bike messenger. I was t-boned by an SUV in 2009 and suffered a severe compound leg fracture that almost required amputation. It took a year for me to walk again unassisted. I have a full length titanium rod in my tibia and 4 screws now. I signed up for my 1st running race in 2010 as a way to support my healing by working to build my leg strength back up again through running. I'm stronger now than before the accident though my leg still hurts from time to time.

5) My goals are as follows. To get my mileage up and run my 1st marathon in 2013. To race my 1st single speed cyclocross season. To run a sub 20 minute 5k. To be consistent in my training. To become a better swimmer.

6) My 1/2 marathon PR is 1:38:05 and I placed 3rd in my age group. 10k PR 43:31, 5k PR 20:53 I've won a few age group awards. I really enjoy Portland's Race For The Roses and Sunnyside's Sage Rat Run. Those are events I try to do each year and encourage others to try as well.

http://athlinks.com/racer/122794698

No comments:

Post a Comment