Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Michelle Golovine - Bio

33 y/o  
Texas
Houston Fire Department
 
I completed my 1st triathlon in 2004.  It was a sprint distance with a pool swim.  I thought it sounded like something fun to do as a way of staying fit for the job.  I fell in love with the sport, but didn't have an opportunity to race again until 2007.  During the inerim I had two beautiful daughters.  I also had several health scares.  During my 2nd pregnancy, I developed a cardiac arrythmia.  I had to wait until my daughter was born to have the corrective surgery.  After the surgery, my condition actually worsened.  I developed a 2nd degree heart block and was constantly going in and out of various seemingly unrelated dysrrthmias ranging from Junctional Tachycardias to runs of PVC's.  My cardiologist was "stumped".  He actually discussed placing a pacemaker/defibrillator device...which I feared would not only keep me from returning to the sport I had discovered, but might also end my career.  I did the only thing I could...went to prayer and put it in my Savior's hands. (Talk about having your faith tested!)  Well, to make a long story short....I do NOT have a pacemaker OR a heart dysrrythmia...something my doctor can not explain.  I KNOW that God still works miracles.  I quickly returned to racing, but my reason for racing changed.  I race and train because God gave me a special gift.  I thank Him every time I'm in the middle of a tough workout because I am ABLE to do it.  I use any opportunity I can to encourage others...and share the hope I've found.  I love the idea of Team Firefighter and helping touch other's lives. 
 
My current goals are simple...become the best triathlete I can be. As my girls get a little older and I am able to devote more time to training, I would like to begin competing at the elite level (God-willing) :P tongue
 
PRs and Podiums since 2011.
 
2011
 
Silverlake Sprint Triathlon    1st Age Group (Qualified for USAT National Championships)
 
Combat Sprint Triathlon    1st Age Group
 
Memorial Hermann Sugar Land Sprint Triathlon    1st Age Group
 
Clear Lake Olympic Triathlon     3rd Age Group
 
2012
 
Ironman Texas 70.3    PR   5:21:32
 
IMTX    PR     11:50:47
 
Memorial Hermann Sugar Land Sprint Triathlon     3rd Age Group (PR  56:20)
 
Jeff & Brede's Intergalactic Sprint Triathlon    1st Age Group (3rd OA Female)
 


No comments:

Post a Comment