Sunday, July 1, 2012

Jon Young - Bio

30 yrs old    

Daisy Mountain Fire Department

I like to race because it keeps me in a constant state of physical fitness.  With Firefighters already at an all time high for cardiac disease and cancer.  I like to think racing keeps me healthy for my family and career.

I got started in triathlon when my friends convinced me I could complete a half ironman.  Then he told my wife about a race that was being held in Italy(elbaman 70.3) and my wife then convinced me I could complete a half iron man..... After a couple sprint tris I was hooked.  I successfully completed my first half ironman on Elba Island, Italy.  There was no going back!

My current goals are to stay healthy for my family and promote healthy and fitness through triathlon the best I can.  I hope to complete a full ironman sometime in 2014.

As far as PR’s, I am not the fastest turtle on the block...But I never stop.  My favorite race was Elbaman 70.3 Elba Island, Italy.  It was an amazing experience for my first ever iron distance race.  I didn’t know Italian but I knew the guys putting the red swim caps had to be in my group.




No comments:

Post a Comment