Monday, July 2, 2012

Andrew Wilson - Bio

1) Age-31

2) State (location)   Wisconsin

3) Fire Department-  Village of Sussex

4) Why you race and how, when you got started-   I am new to the whole race thing.  I have done some 5k runs in the past but that is it as an adult.  I got my first road bike winter of 2011 and started on a trainer.  Decided triathlon was my goal.  My first Sprint tri is coming up and I am already looking to the future (see goals).   Many reasons for me to race.  I have 6 children (one set of twins) that not only need their daddy but need to learn to keep themselves fit.  What better way for them to learn then to see Dad set goals and strive to achieve them.  Like many people I also have a family history of Diabetes and other major medical issues.  Fitness will decrease my chances of being diagnosed.  As a paid on call firefighter I am subject to all of the rigors of "the Job" that my career and volunteer brothers and sisters are.  To prevent injury, or worse, I want to be in great shape when the tone goes off.  Racing again gives me that goal to keep increasing fitness.  I simply can not do this by performing my 40hr a week job duties.
 
5) Current goals-
 
Personal-to complete a triathlon at every distance.  Then to start competing first with myself then...who knows?
 
Community-  I enjoy watching others compete, so getting others on my department to compete so I can cheer them on is up there.
 
6) Podiums, PR's and Favorite races- no favorites yet, PR's to come, and podiums ...I'll start with PR's

No comments:

Post a Comment