Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Rick Van Tuyl

I'm Rick Van Tuyl. I'm 48 years old and work for Torrance Fire Dept. (it's about 10 min. south of LAX). I've been there for 19 years. I got into Tri's after a few kickboxing injuries. I started with IM Ca 70.3 back in '08 and have been looked ever since. I usually do about 3 races a year, although  doing 5 tris and a few open water races this year. Last year, I did IMAZ, and loved it. I really like going long.  I race because I like to see how far I can push my body, but I really love to train.  My goals are to get faster in all distances, but I usually do halfs and fulls. The races I'm doing between now and the end of next year, are just preparing me for my BIG goal. That will be to compete in UltraMan Canada in 2014, when I'm 50 years old.


No comments:

Post a Comment