Sunday, July 1, 2012

Jim Street - Bio

1) 39  Race age 40

2) Hudson, Illinois
3) Normal Fire Department  -   I know, Insert joke here.  :)
4) I've been a swimmer my whole life. I've always been naturally good at it.  I started road cycling when I started on the department 13 years ago as a way to stay in shape.  I work in a college town and we are always climbing the stairs of the dorms.  In 2005 I watched Kona and decided that I wanted to try that. I found a good local race for 06 and entered.  I hadn't ran since the Army,  my knees wouldn't allow it.  But surprisingly I found if I went slow they didn't bother me as much.  From my first sprint I was addicted.  
5) My only goal is to always be in good enough shape to be able to spontaneously do an Olympic Tri.  Currently looking for my next race.
6) Podium, Never gonna happen.  :)  PR, I don't really care about time, I only compete against myself.  Favorite race: Tri-Shark Classic, local sprint that seats about 600 and fills up in under an hour.  Alcatraz,  it kicked my butt but, it was an awesome race I would love to do again.


No comments:

Post a Comment