Monday, July 30, 2012

Katrina Silvia - Bio

My name is Katrina Silvia and I am 36 years young. I live in Jacksonville Florida and have been a career firefighter for over 8 years with St. Johns County Fire Rescue.   I'm 5'2" and loved the physical challenge of becoming a firefighter. I come from a athletic background but it wasn't until 9 months after having my second child and being diagnosed with Graves disease in 2006 my focus really shifted. I was determined more than ever to be even healthier and to eat better. I began getting invloved in running events in 2007 with my first 15k ( Gate River Run ) which I have done every year since. I signed up for my first tri in 2010 which was in my first due territory and caught the tri bug. My 3rd race was the half ironman in Florida and my fourth was the Florida Ironman last November. The full ironman was a dream come true for me. I will never qualify for Kona but love the journey you go on just to show up for race day. I have been inspired by Robert Verhelst and Code 3 for A cure to step it up and do a ironman race running the marathon in gear. I want to be an example to never give up hope  and anything is possible. Oh and I  must mention that I have been in remission from my Graves Diseaase for almost 3 years now.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment