Friday, July 13, 2012

David Dushkin - Bio

1) Age - 41

2) State - Maryland

3) Fire Department - Annapolis Fire Department

4) Why you race and how/when you got started -  I got involved in endurance events by attending a meeting for Team in Training. I went to the meeting in the summer of 2010 to get information on their cycling events. I wanted to do a Charity ride in memory of a 32 year old firefighter from Annapolis who passed away from Cancer. At this meeting I was convinced I could run a Marathon. I ran and finished my first Marathon and the love was born. I was 283 pounds and a brand new father. I found my new found love of running and a new plant based diet had a broad reach of the people I work with. I was one of the heaviest in the dept and when they saw what I could do and change, Many have followed. Now 50 pounds lighter and 4 marathons later the fitness craze is running wild with my friend, family and coworkers. This year will have 4 more Marathons and my first tri. I still fund raise for Team in Training and The Travis Manion Foundation

5) Current Goals - To continue to be a positive influence and roll model, to complete my weight loss goal of 44 pounds bringing the total to 83 pounds and to complete my 1st full Ironman in 2013.

6) Podiums, PR's and Favorite races. My favorite race is the Disney World Marathon, No podiums for this clydesdale, and my PR is 5:40 
 
My blog

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment