Monday, August 6, 2012

Patrick Hamler - Bio

Age: 44    
State: Wisconsin    
Fire Department: City of Eau Claire Fire and Rescue
Why, when and how:  I started doing triathlons in 2010 when I decided it was time to get back into shape again.  It's always easier for me to stay on track when I have a goal.  I have been training with a fellow firefighter, (Jeff Patrow) since I decided to do this.  It's nice to train together as we seem to push each other to get that little extra out of every workout.  I've always been pretty active, I ski jumped for 34 years and put in plenty of training hours over those years. I was a member of  the US ski team for numerous years back in the 80's and early 90's and skied all over the world.  That kept me in shape and pretty busy at that time.  I've been enjoying training and doing triathlons over the last three years.  I wish I would have got into this years ago, even back in my ski jumping days.  
Current Goals:  I have ran a marathon and two half marathons, skied the American Birkebeiner twice, done numerous sprint triathlons and now decided it's time to add a full Ironman to the list of things I have done and accomplished.  I am signed up for a half ironman this August in Duluth MN. ( the Superiorman Triathlon ) and plan on doing a full ironman in the summer of 2013.  I plan on doing a marathon this late October and I have signed up to ski the 2013 American Birkebeiner with hopes of improving my time from the previous years, as training for these triathlons have me in the best shape I have been in, in years. 
Podiums, PRs and favorite races: Only been doing this for three years so my list is short. "but hope to grow". My favorite race, podium and PR to date was this years, 2012 Can-Am Police and Fire Games in St. Cloud, MN.  I was tenth overall and placed third in my age group.  I am looking forward to compete in the 2014 Can-Am Games.

No comments:

Post a Comment