Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Benjamin Racho - Bio

I am a 37 year old firefighter in Westport, CT. I have always been into fitness, but only recently began training to run in triathlons. I have competed in the SCOTT Firefighter Combat Challenge and twice a year I compete in Stair Climb events for the American Lung Association in full firefighting gear. I also have competed in the 2011 World Police and Fire Games in NYC and am looking forward to competing again at the 2015 Games.
I am a contributing author for GamerFitNation .com where I write articles on fitness and health and I am currently studying to become a Peer Fitness Trainer for the IAFF

1) Age: 37

2) State (location): Connecticut

3) Fire Department: Westport Fire Department

4) Why you race and how/when you got started: I was diagnosed with hypertension at 34 and radically changed my diet on order to not be on medication. I now am medication free and in the best shape of my life thanks to a plant based diet and exercise.

5) Current Goals: My goals are to complete a half iron man by age 40, get a sub-2:00 time at the Firefighter Combat Challenge, and to bring home a medal in the 2015 WPFG in the Full Firefighter Gear Stair Climb

6) Podiums, PR's and Favorite races: No podiums as of yet. My favorite races are always the American Lung Associations Stair Climbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment