Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Jimmy Koppert - Bio


1) Age: 22
2) State (location): El Dorado Hills, CA
3) Fire Department: Placer County/ Cal Fire Station 180
4) Why you race and how/when you got started
I think to myself that I was blessed enough to be able to have good health and to sit back and do nothing with it is not the answer. I am motivated by others inspiring storys, and  that makes me get out and live life to the fullest and with a positive attitude, becuase life is BEAUTIFUL! One of the many inspiring storys that make me want to be the best that I can be is told in the link below. http://youtu.be/65ugopJ5S4A
5) Current Goals
My Current goal is to qualify and make it to the World Championship in Kona, Hawaii!! I will get there one day. I am also signed up for Leadman triathlon in Bend, OR which is a 3.1 mile swim, 140 mile bike, and a 14 mile run. My goal is to beat 11 hours! I am volunteering at the Tempe, AZ Ironman this year (2012) to see the ironman first hand. I plan on racing 2013 Cabo San Lucas Ironman in hopes in qualifying for Kona by 2014. Many people like to say, thats too hard and I know that when I set my dreams I GO FOR IT! Whats so bad about being a dreamer? :)
6) Podiums, PR's and Favorite races
I have only participated in one triathlon and it was the Rancho Seco Olympic Triathlon. I placed 1st in my age group and I learned a lot about nutrition during that race :)
I have also participated in the River City Marathon in March of 2012. That was my first endurance race I trained for. I read a book called "The Long Run" and it is a very inspiring book that got me to sign up for a marathon, and then I was hooked!!! http://elementalrunning.com/2012/03/river-city-results/
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment