Monday, August 6, 2012

Jim Keiffer - Bio

I am 52 years old and live in San Rafael, Ca..  I work (with Kyle) for the City of San Rafael FD.
I was attending UCSB in the early '80s and had a roommate that was consumed by this new sport called triathlon.  Like most people, I had a running background with a little biking thrown in and only swam to keep from drowning.  My roommate convinced me to do the SB tri (I think it was the inaugural) and the rest is history.  Over the next 10 years I did a million sprint/olympic distance races and a half dozen half's but could never commit to a full ironman.  Over the last 2 years I have enjoyed watching Kyle discover the great family that comes with the sport of triathloning and when he came to me with the crazy idea of doing Tahoe 2013 I decided to give it a try (tri ?).
Between now and Sept 2013 I am planning to do the Sacramento marathon, a half (tba), a few local olympic distance, and my favorite tri, Donner Lake.

No comments:

Post a Comment