Sunday, April 14, 2013

IM Ca 70.3

Rick Van Tuyl...

On March 30, I raced IM Ca 70.3, just 13 days after finishing (It started as a race and ended up just finishing). I had a really fast swim. I completed the 1.2 miles in 33:05. I think it was a short course because I'm usually around 37-38 min. and I have been doing any swim focused training. I just concentrated on a long smooth stroke. I had a very conservative effort on the bike and came in with a 3:03:19. I really tried to hold back on the bike after my race in Cabo so that I could implement my run/walk strategy. Every 5 min. I drank either water or eFuel and I ate a rice ball every hour starting 30 min. into the ride. I came off the bike and felt good. My plan was to run 4 min. and walk 1 min. I also kept the same liquid schedule as I did for the bike and I had a Honey Stinger Chew every 10 min. I was ale to complete the run in 2:13:00. My total time was 6:00:14. I finally had a good race. I controlled the things I could, kept a positive outlook, and I did not have to many things go wrong. 

No comments:

Post a Comment