Friday, June 29, 2012

Michael Cronin - Bio

1) Age -   25

2) State (location)  Montgomery, NY


3) Fire Department - West Point, NY (United States Military Academy)


4) Why you race and how, when you got started - (I race because I was fat, disgusted with myself and wanted a new challenge other than lifting big weights all day. I was strong but not fit. I needed a life goal, a check off the bucket list if you will, I wanted to do an Ironman and earn an MDOT tattoo. This was in 2011, my first race was a local Sprint, the West Point Triathlon to be exact. It rained the whole time but no thunder! I next signed up for the World Fire and Police Games in NYC, this would be an Olympic Distance. Unfortunately, after months of training, a Hurricane caused it to be cancelled. But I Still trucked on to the next longer distance. My goal was to do a Sub 6 hour Half Iron distance race but I was 28 min over that but I still completed my first Half Ironman at Eagleman 70.3 in 2012 in 6:28.


5) Current goals - My goal is to do a sub 12 hour Ironman
sub 6 hour Half Ironman.


6) Podiums, PR's and Favorite races - (I did really enjoy Devilman Half Lite in NJ in 2012 with Brian Manners and Larry Durland, but I must say I will have more memories from Eagleman.


2013 Racing Schedule:
Devilman in Cumberland county NJ Half Lite Iron Distance May 2013
IM 70.3 Eagleman in Cambridge, MD June 2013
Rev3 Williamsburg Olympic in Williamsburg VA June 2013
Ironman Louisville in Louisville KY August 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment